by: Terry Dougherty, CMP, 2018 PCMA Southeast President
PCMA SE Expands our Community Service
As we look for ways to make are year experiential, we are supporting a variety of charities in different ways and offering our members multiple types of opportunities to give back. As we celebrated GMID (Global Meeting Industry Day), we supported Children’s Miracle Network. We have other opportunities available and you do not need to be present to support them.
- Collecting donations at our events for various charities. In the event you can’t participate in the actual event itself, but want to monetarily provide assistance to the charities we are supporting, you can!
- Our Silent Auction in September – proceeds go to our chapter educational programs.
- Engage in pop-up opportunities at existing educational programs (i.e. snax sax program and valentine’s day card)
- Wellness/Fitness Charitable giving – new this year, Ride for the Foundation, where you can not only help support a charity but also help yourself through fitness. Our next ride is July 28th. Not able to ride? You can choose to make a donation only through the registration site.
- Open Hand Atlanta – if you are seeking that “true” give back experience, we will be partnering with Open Hand Atlanta to host an event later this year. Look for details to follow.
The future looks bright with PCMA SE supporting our community.
Terry Dougherty, CMP
President, PCMA SE