To encourage PCMA Southeast Chapter member gatherings within our members’ local regions, we hosted our first ever, geo-located Happy Hours with a Cause on Thursday, October 5, 2017.
This year’s PCMA SE Yappy Hours were held in Atlanta, Nashville, Orlando and Louisville. The complimentary happy hours were specifically designed to allow members and prospective members to network and share peer-to-peer knowledge, combined with a philanthropic tie in, which directly served their local communities.
In honor of National Pet Wellness Month, will collected donations at each Yappy Hour for local shelters in each host city. Attendees also brought pictures of their pet or their favorite pet to share in our welcoming ice-breaker.
The PCMA SE Chapter would like to thank all of our Yappy Hour Sponsors: Shepard; Market Maker Events; and Freeman for sponsoring a new concept idea for the chapter. Due to their generosity and the attendees, we were able to raise donations for Atlanta Humane Society; Old Friends Pet Sanctuary; Pet Alliance of Orlando; and the Kentucky Humane Society.
See our Yappy Hour photos on Facebook
A special THANK YOU to our team who helped with execution of all of the events:
Community Service Committee Liaisons:
- Cassandra Ruelle (Experience Kissimmee) – Orlando Liaison
- Leigh Williams (Freeman) – Nashville Liaison
- Sheryl Ehlers (Georgia Tech Hotel) – Atlanta Liaison
- Amanda Wyatt (Coca-Cola)- Louisville Liaison
Yappy Hour Onsite Coordinators:
- Kathy Sullivan (Market Maker Events)
- David Sukala (Market Maker Events)
- Barbara Stroup (Market Maker Events)
- Brad Smith, CEM (Freeman)
- Peggy Riley (Greater Louisville Convention & Visitors Bureau)
If you’re seeking to learn more about volunteering with PCMA SE Chapter or have a good idea you think should be organized through the chapter, please contact us at [email protected].
Thank you sponsors: