PCMA SE November Community Service Project
November 15 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm ESTFree
Join us on Wednesday, November 15, 2017 for our chapter’s Community Service Project. We will be preparing and serving lunch to the women and children served by the Atlanta Day Shelter for Women and Children, Inc.
Event Time: 10:00am – 1:00pm
Limited to 10 volunteers
This is a great opportunity to learn, build relationships and serve all at the same time! Volunteers will be providing support to kitchen staff to help create a loving and joyful environment.
- Provide and prepare a meal for the women and children at Atlanta Mission.
- Serve the meal with joy!
- Cleanup after the meal (washing dishes, cleaning tables, and sweeping/mopping our dining hall)
- Approx 130 women and children will enjoy your provided meal
- Should be physically able to move around a kitchen.
- Possess a cheerful and flexible attitude!
- Complete a volunteer profile on the Atlanta Mission’s website (details below)
We will meet outside the main doors at 10:00 am, and we’ll conclude by 1:00pm.
Please dress comfortably, but note that open-toe shoes are not permitted.
Can’t volunteer, but want to donate in some way?? We are always accepting meal donations to provide to the women and children. Please contact Samantha Cribari-Starr, Director of Community Service for more information on how you can offer support for this worthy cause.
Important: To better serve current and prospective volunteers, the Atlanta Mission launched a new volunteer system, and is requiring all volunteers create a login and profile. Please click here to register to the Shelter’s new volunteer management system. The Shelter is now requiring all volunteers be registered in their system, so even if you have volunteered with us before, you will still need to complete the online form.
Thank you to our 2017 Community Service Sponsor: